My Dad Didn't Say "I Love You"

My dad didn't say "I love you". 

I can't remember a single time my old man said the words "I love you" without me saying them first. Not when I was little, not when I moved away for college...never. 

But you know what he did say?

"Hey girl, what's going on?"
"Have you checked your oil lately?"
"Want to come check cows with me?"
"Would you want to come to the sale with me this Friday?"
"Are you coming home this weekend?"
"Good job, sis."
"Thanks for the help, girl."
"Let me know when you make it up to Moscow."
"Drive safe."
"Make smart choices."
"Good luck."
"Will you help me feed?"

The older the get the more I appreciate his unique way of showing his love. He always tried to connect with me on a real-life level, not just through mushy words that most people say without really meaning them. 

Dad didn't say "I love you", but I know he loves me anyway. 




Comments